Merrimack Valley Striders
Who is MVS?
The Merrimack Valley Striders is a 501c(3) organization whose mission statement is - "An organization whose mission is to encourage and enhance running at all levels". Organized in 1979, MVS has grown to be one of the largest running clubs in New England.
As a non-profit 501c(3) organization under the auspices of the Road Runners Club of America, no general member or board member receives financial compensation of any kind. The organization is a 100% volunteer run entity.
We are very proud of our commitment to the running community and the general community at large. The following is a sample of the programs MVS has sponsored:
· Adult coaching for runners/walkers including a program from "Walk to Run" to training athletes for high level competition.
· Because of our commitment to healthy children, we have a Youth Running Initiative program whereby we grant over $7,500 to community programs that help kids realize the joy of a healthy lifestyle through running.
· In 2011, our Feaster Five Thanksgiving race provided over $60,000 to our charitable partners as well as providing a family friendly event. Nearly 10,000 participants ranged in age from 2 years to...well, very mature.
· OUR MVS scholarship program annually awards area seniors eight $1,000 scholarships.
· MVS, in partnership with the N Andover Booster club, paid to have the N Andover Middle School track rescued from ongoing decay, and had it resurfaced.